Monday, October 1, 2012

Custard Style (Cinnamon Raisin) French Toast

I love french toast!!! I really do, and I've really be starting to tweak and change recipes up over the last year or two and I have come up with my absolute favourite french toast recipe. I have a slight obsession with breakfast/brunch foods, so you may start you notice a pattern with my recipes. I also really like to incorporate Greek Yogurt and other healthy ingredients. You can make this with cinnamon raisin bread or any other type of bread, it's just important that it isn't fresh.

Recipe

3 Eggs
1/2 cup Skim Milk
1/2 cup 0% Greek Yogurt (of using plain yogurt 3/4 cup yogurt to 1/4 cup milk)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar (can substitute honey)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
~8 slices of Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Cooking Spray

Directions

Heat griddle to medium high heat. Mix first six ingredients with a wire whisk.  Spray griddle with cooking spray, and put bread into mix to soak. Let sit for around 30 seconds on each side, puncturing with a fork so that mixture is absorbed into the bread. Pick up with the aid of a fork and fingers (or it will likely fall apart), let drip for a few seconds before transferring to preheated griddle. Repeat until griddle is full. Let cook a minimum of 5 minutes per side. They should be golden brown. If making more then a griddle full keep warm in lukewarm oven.




Serve with maple syrup or Banana-Pecan topping, which I will be posting at a later date! If you want to serve with another topping you may want to skip on the Cinnamon Raisin Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment